Date of Last Revision: Aug 3, 2019
The Services are offered through the App advertised on the Site and made available on the application store platforms “Google Play” offered by Google LLC and the “App Store” offered by Apple Inc.
Types of Information We Collect.
In order to better provide you with the Services, we collect two types of information about our users:
Aggregate Information. Gale App uses information that does not, by itself, identify a specific individual, but is used to help gather broad demographic information about our user base. Such types of information include what websites have directed you to us. This information may include the website’s Uniform Resource Locator (“URL”) that points us to the website you came from, and what browser you are using.
Personally Identifiable Information. Personally Identifiable Information (“PII”) refers to the information that lets us know the specifics of who you are, such as your name, preferred contact details, and other personal identifiers (such as a phone number). When you register for a Gale App account, we collect your name, email, phone number, date of birth, and/or other information you may provide.
Our Services may give you the option to provide more information. We will not collect such information unless you choose to provide it to us.
How We Collect, Process, Use, Disclose, and Share Information.
How Data, Including PII, May Be Collected.Data, including PII, may be collected as follows:
- That which you submit to Gale App, including, on any registration screen or other screens which prompt you to provide such information;
- That which Gale App may receive from third-parties;
- That which Gale App may collect from other sources;
- That which Gale App may receive from any devices, browsers, networks, or internet service providers which you deploy to access or use the Services;
- That which Gale App may receive through standard technology, including, without limitation, “cookies” when you maintain a presence on the Site or interact with Gale App; and
- That which Gale App may collect based upon your interaction with the Site or App, to improve your experience with the Services, and your access and use of the Services.
With respect to the collection of data, including PII, please note the following:
- As to cookies, you can set your browser to notify you when you receive a cookie and give you a chance to accept or reject it (for further information, please refer to the Cookies Policy).
- Each device and browser has its own features that allow you to customize your privacy settings and you assume responsibility for the privacy settings associated with your device and browser.
- Each network or internet service provider has its own features that allow you to customize your privacy settings and you assume responsibility for the privacy settings associated with your network or internet service provider.
How Data, Including PII, May Be Processed. Data, including PII, may be generally processed or reproduced by Gale App or third-parties, or Gale App third-party information technology service providers as follows:
- In connection with your specific interaction with the Services;
- In accordance with the arrangements or agreements that you may otherwise have with Gale App;
- In accordance with commercially reasonable information technology standards;
- Where importing and exporting of data, including PII, is required for Gale App to provide the Services; and
- In connection with the App Store and Google Play
How Data, Including PII, May Be Used. Data, Including PII, may be used as follows:
- Use of Aggregate Information. Aggregate information is used for both diagnosis and statistical purposes. Additionally, we may disclose website and application information in the aggregate for marketing and promotional purposes.
- Use of PII. This information is used to provide the Services, verify the identity of users, display advertising, resolve disputes, operational purposes, troubleshoot problems, customer service purposes, enforce our agreements with you, and analyze how visitors access and use the Site and App. For example, we may use your IP Address to diagnose problems without our Site and App, to administer our Site and App, and to gather demographic information.
Disclosure of Data, Including PII. Gale App may disclose any data, including PII, about you as follows:
- As permitted or required by applicable rules, regulations, or laws;
- In accordance with the terms of any agreement between you and Gale App.
How Data, Including PII, May Be Shared. Gale App may share your data, including PII, as follows:
- With its parent, subsidiary, and affiliated businesses as well as its and their members, manager, officers, directors, shareholders, employees, representatives, and agents; and
- Per applicable rules, regulations, and laws.
The Site has security measures in place to protect against the loss, misuse, and alteration of the information under our control. Gale App uses industry standard safeguards such as firewalls, data encryption, and Secure Socket Layer (SSL) encryption. User Information is hosted on a postgreSQL database on a remote server operated by Amazon Web Services, Inc. (AWS). We limit access to PII to specific employees, contractors, and agents who have a reasonable need to come into contact with your PII only. For example, we may provide members, agents, or representatives of our technical support team with limited access to your account in order to allow them to troubleshoot problems you may be having with the Services.
Unfortunately, no data transmission over the internet or any wireless network can be guaranteed to be completely secure. As a result, while we strive to protect your PII, you acknowledge that: (a) there are security and privacy limitations inherent to the internet which are beyond the control of Gale App; and (b) the security, integrity, and privacy of any and all information and data exchanged between or among you, third-parties, and us or through your access and use of the Services cannot be guaranteed.
How Long We Keep PII.
We keep PII only for as long as we need to. This amount of time may differ depending on what reasons we use the PII. For example, when you open an account, we keep the data, including PII, necessary to perform the Services as long as your account is open. Once we no longer need your PII we will voluntarily delete it.
Gale App may, from time to time, send you emails or push notifications regarding new products or services. If you do not want to receive such information, you may terminate the email notifications from the Site or the App by opting out of App notifications via your mobile device’s system settings and/or unsubscribing from emails sent by Gale App by clicking the “unsubscribe” link in the footer of any email sent by Gale App.
Notice to Users in the European Union.
If you are a user in the European Union, you should know that we are the controller of your PII. Additionally, here is some information we would like to bring to your attention:
Legal Grounds for Use of Personal Data. We will only use your PII where we have a legal ground to do so. When we use your PII, we determine the legal grounds for its use. In all cases, the following are the legal grounds for which we will use your PII:
- Consent. In some cases, we will ask for consent to use your information for specific purposes. If we do request your consent, we will make sure you can revoke your consent on the Site or App. Even if we are not relying on consent to use your information, we may ask you for permission to access data like contacts and location.
- Legitimate Interest. We might use your information because we have, or a third-party has, a legitimate interest in doing so. For example, we need to use your information to provide and improve the Services, including protecting your account, providing customer support, and helping you find content we think you will like. An important point regarding legitimate interest is that our interests do not outweigh your right to privacy, therefore, we will only rely on legitimate interest when we think the way we are using your data does not significantly impact your privacy, would be expected by you, or there is a compelling analysis by contacting email@example.com.
- Legal Obligation. There are situations where we are legally obligated to use or keep your PII. In such cases, we will disclose PII upon receipt of a court order, subpoena, or to cooperate with a law enforcement investigation. We will fully cooperate with law enforcement agencies in identifying those who access or use our Services for illegal activities. We reserve the right to report to law enforcement agencies any activities that we, in good faith, believe to be unlawful.
- Contract. We might use your information because you have entered into an agreement with us.
Your Rights Specific to PII. The following are the rights you hold to the use of your PII. In some cases, to process these requests we may request specific information from you to confirm your identity.
- Right to be Forgotten. You have the right to ask us to delete your PII or restrict how it is used. Absent specific legal requirements, which if applicable, we will provide a response to your request. If your request is valid, we will delete your information within a month.
- Right to a Copy of Your PII We Collect. If you would like a copy of the PII we have collected on you or if you believe PII we collected about you is incorrect, you may write to our data protection officer to review or collect the PII at oneweekatatime@galegoalsetti
- Right to a Machine-Readable Version of Your PII. You may request an export of all your PII in .csv or .xml format.
- Right to Withdraw Consent. You may withdraw consent for us to store your PII by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Right to Withdraw Consent for Marketing Analysis. If you do not want us to use your PII for marketing analysis, please contact email@example.com.
Location of Information Storage. We may collect your PII from, transfer it to, and store and process it in the United States and other countries outside of where you live. Whenever we share EU residents’ PII outside of the EU we make sure an adequate transfer mechanism is in place, including data processing agreements based on the EU/EEA Standard Contractual Clauses.
Consent to Transfer. By accessing and using the Services, you consent to transferring PII about you to the United States.
Response to Complaints. When we receive formal written complains, we respond by contacting the person who made the complaint. We work with the appropriate regulatory authorities, including local data protection authorities, to resolve any complaints regarding the transfer of your data that we cannot resolve with you directly.
You must be at least eighteen (18) years old to have permission to access and use the Services. Protecting the privacy of children is especially important to us. For that reason, we never collect or maintain PII from those we actually know are under the age of eighteen (18), nor do we allow registration of users under the age of eighteen (18).
Third-Party Collection of PII.
Links to companies’ websites or applications may appear on the Services. Related companies have separate privacy and data collection policies and practices. Before participating in any website activity on related companies’ websites or applications, you should review and investigate their policies and practices. Gale App is not responsible, and shall not be held liable, for these independent policies or practices.
- Data about you that is not PII;
- Privacy setting associated with your browser, device, network, or internet service provider as each browser, device, network, or internet service provider has its own features that allow you to control your privacy settings;
- Clicking on any linked website which will take you to third-party websites;
- Accessing third-party content via downloads or otherwise;
- Any data, including, without limitation, PII, disclosed on any social networking websites;
- Access and use of your account by unauthorized third-parties due to your negligence in not protecting your username or password or your disclosure of your username and/or password to third-parties;
- Where web beacons, cookies, bots, or other technologies are used by third-parties, including, third-party websites to monitor and collect data about your activities on the internet, which data may or may not include your PII, associated with the Services.
- Where third-parties automatically receive your IP Address and other applicable information about you, such as your location; and
- Security breaches or circumstances that render data, including PII, outside the scope of permitted access and use of the Services.
Date of Last Revision: Aug 3, 2019
- Cookies. A cookie is a small piece of text sent to your browser by a website you visit. It helps the website remember information about your visit, like your preferred language and other settings. This saved information can make your next visit easier and the Site more useful to you. Cookies may store your preferences and other information but cannot read data off your hard drive or read cookie files created by other sites.Cookies set by a website owner are called “first party cookies.” Cookies set by parties other than the website owner are called “third-party cookies.” Third-party cookies enable third-party features or functionality to be provided on or through the sites (i.e. advertising, social media functions, and analytics). Third-parties that place cookies on the Site control the personal data that they collect about you and are likely to be considered “data controllers” under European Law. You are encouraged to read their privacy policies to understand the third-party processor’s data processing activities, policies, and procedures.
- Types of Cookies Gale App Uses.
- Instructions for Managing Cookies. You can delete cookies already stored on your computer. Please visit the “Help” option in your browser to learn how to do this. For more information generally on cookies, including how to disable them, please refer to aboutcookies.org.